From: Spider <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] reason for dhcpcd in system profile ?
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 08:59:22
1 begin quote
2 On Sat, 23 Aug 2003 23:21:37 -0400 (EDT)
3 "A. Craig West" <acwest-gentoo-dev@×××××××××.net> wrote:
6 > You bring up too good points. What, exactly, is the definition of
7 > system? If it is 'everything you need to have a network connected box,
8 > so you can go get anything else you need" then I DO think PPPoE should
9 > be in it, and maybe ppp or whatever is current in the way of dial-up.
10 > They are both quite equivalent to dhcpcd, and neither is all that big,
11 > I don't think. The real question is, what is System?
12
13 Shouldn't system be as close to a POSIX compliant Unix as possible? Or
14 perhaps LSB? If others want minimalism, let them create their own
15 profiles?(Its not difficult. really).
16
17 //Spider
21 begin .signature
22 This is a .signature virus! Please copy me into your .signature!
24 end