From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ATTN: Achim RE: More Portage problems
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 07:23:15
1 wackman wrote:
2 >
3 > Achim,
4 >
5 > Here's the steps that I took:
6 >
7 > 1. I wanted to put Gnome-1.4 on my machine, so I tried to ebuild
8 > /usr/portage/gnome-base/gnome-libs (I thought it was a good place to
9 > start), but that wanted ORBit-0.5.7 or better
10 >
11 > a. At some point I needed to ebuild control-center which also wanted
12 > gdk-pixbuf. That didn't seem to hurt or help the situation.
13 >
14 > 2.I tried to ebuild ORBit-0.5.7, which then downloaded the sources,
15 > compiled, but when it tried to merge them, it gave me (and still gives
16 > me) the following error:
17 >
18 > !!! No message digest file found.
19 > !!! Maintainer: ebuild digest to update message digests
20 > >>>build dependencies OK ;)
21 >
22 I took a quick look in the cvs tree and found that there is no digest
23 file in the files dir of the ORBit
24 package for version 0.5.7 but there is one for 0.5.7-r1. It's better to
25 use the lates revision (r1).
26 But you can build missing digest with "ebuild [packagename] digest".
27 The digests fets checked before a package gets unpacked, that's why I
28 thought you use emerge and it is the
29 next packages digest thats missing.
30
31 > By the way, I wanted an editor for X, so I ebuilt siag. At first, it
32 > didn't want to run. it couldn't find libXawm.so.0.0. I couldn't find
33 > what package that went with, so I just did an ln -s to
34 > /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw.so.6. Not the most elegent of solutions, but it
35 > worked.
36
37 I'm wondering. Normaly siag requires openmotif. Siag is a small office
38 suit, if you need an simple editor for
39 X you can try nedit (app-editors).
40
41 achim~
42 >