From: wackman <domlau@××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] ATTN: Achim RE: More Portage problems
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 00:47:04
1 Achim,
2
3 Here's the steps that I took:
4
5 1. I wanted to put Gnome-1.4 on my machine, so I tried to ebuild
6 /usr/portage/gnome-base/gnome-libs (I thought it was a good place to
7 start), but that wanted ORBit-0.5.7 or better
8
9 a. At some point I needed to ebuild control-center which also wanted
10 gdk-pixbuf. That didn't seem to hurt or help the situation.
11
12 2.I tried to ebuild ORBit-0.5.7, which then downloaded the sources,
13 compiled, but when it tried to merge them, it gave me (and still gives
14 me) the following error:
15
16 !!! No message digest file found.
17 !!! Maintainer: ebuild digest to update message digests
18 >>>build dependencies OK ;)
21 By the way, I wanted an editor for X, so I ebuilt siag. At first, it
22 didn't want to run. it couldn't find libXawm.so.0.0. I couldn't find
23 what package that went with, so I just did an ln -s to
24 /usr/X11R6/lib/libXaw.so.6. Not the most elegent of solutions, but it
25 worked.
26
27 Thanks!
28