From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: new "qt" category
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 14:34:10
1 On 17 January 2013 22:05, Diego Elio Pettenò <flameeyes@×××××××××.eu> wrote:
2 > On 17/01/2013 14:57, Ben de Groot wrote:
3 >> After some initial bikeshedding we came to the conclusion that naming
4 >> the category simply "qt" is the most elegant solution. We will then
5 >> also be dropping the qt- prefix in package names. This means
6 >> x11-libs/qt-core will be moved to qt/core, and so on.
7 >
8 > Please don't. Right now we have only one category which is not foo-bar
9 > and that's virtual... I'm pretty sure it's going to break some
10 > assumption to change that...
11
12 But is there any reason other than "assumption" to stick to foo-bar
13 category names?
14
15 One alternative we did come up with is qt-framework, since that is
16 what upstream also uses (though mostly it's plain Qt), since it's a
17 collection of libraries and applications.
18 --
19 Cheers,
20
21 Ben | yngwin
22 Gentoo developer
23 Gentoo Qt project lead, Gentoo Wiki admin