From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 29 (USE Flag Grouping) Updates
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 12:51:42
1 On Monday 18 October 2004 15:30, Jochen Maes wrote:
4 > I have to agree on Kurt and as having -@KDE and -@GNOME should imply
5 > that X isn't installed, there are other window managers who can be used
6 > also (in this example). If we do now -kde and -gnome, that wouldn't
7 > imply that X won't be installed right?
8 >
9 > I think that people should have the option to do -@GROUP.
10
11 I agree that the problem is with the example, not with the features. The
12 example however exposes some issues. For example the point what a
13 negation of a group means. Does it mean that the elements of the group
14 are undefined? (And thus allowing higher level definitions to come
15 through similar to not having a useflag in make.conf) or does it mean
16 that the useflag is negated? Maybe it should be specifyable what negation
17 means on a useflag basis.
18
19 Paul
22 Paul de Vrieze