From: Geert Bevin <gbevin@×××××××.be>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] new config files....
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 19:39:25
1 good point, I'm thinking though of writing a little gui that detects the
2 config files which are still pending. Show status about the old one
3 (modif or not), show different new versions and easily diff and replace
4 with one click. I'll see when I have to for this ... think it might be handy
5
6 Daniel Robbins wrote:
7
8 >The way we do it now is a policy decision. We simply do not want config
9 >files to change without the admin knowing about it. Assuming that an
10 >untouched file is "fair game" is still an assumption -- one that could
11 >very easily be wrong.
12 >
13 >Best Regards,