From: Joachim Blaabjerg <styx@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Secure Gentoo - What do you think?
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 08:03:21
1 On 11 Jan 2002 20:07:01 +0100
2 Sebastian Werner <sebastian@××××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > Hey,
5 >
6 > really cool this project... mhh it seems that you must patch all the
7 > init-scripts, too... or. i look some minutes ago some docs on the lids
8 > homepage... really great. But it seems to be much work. So my question.
9
10 Well, I'm not really sure. The ADSL modem didn't arrive today either, so I
11 haven't been able to install Gentoo yet... And why would I have to patch all the
12 init scripts? Are you thinking about /etc/mtab and the mount -n issue? Anyway, I
13 think that could be solved pretty easily and quickly... :)
14
15 > In how many weeks you think you can have the first release of this
16 > something like working..? ;-)
17
18 Hehe, deadlines are not my strength! If you had observed the SuxOS site the lsat
19 months, you'd have known that. ;) I was originally planning to have it finished
20 by some time in february 2001, but I started again from scratch, then something
21 else got in the way (plus, I'm a busy student), and I haven't even been able to
22 release a beta yet... (Although the machine hosting suxos.org has been running a
23 pre-beta since may). A rough estimate though: One or two months.
24
25 > I must setup a new server in our company and it seems to be nice to do this >
26 with Gentoo-Sox ;-)
27
28 Ah :)
29