From: "Steven J. Long" <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: "Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto" <jmbsvicetto@g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Add bc back to the stage3
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 23:09:23
1 On Mon, Sep 29, 2014 at 04:05:19AM +0000, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
2 > It seems like everyone needs to "chill" a bit.
3
4 ++
5
6 > On Sat, 27 Sep 2014, Tom Wijsman wrote:
7 > > What is really needed here is a vote by the Council on whether to add bc
8 > > back to the stage3. If the people do insist, another vote regarding
9 > > adding or changing an editor to stage3 could be done as well.
10 >
11 > No, there isn't a need for a Council vote here. This is something up to
12 > Releng (in respect to what is in the stages) and to everyone in respect to
13 > what is part of the system set.
14
15 Yeah, my bad, for my part I was really thinking of @system, though ed outside
16 chroot would make install-scripting easier. (I have a penchant for running
17 off the minimal install iso; yes I know the alternatives, thx.)
18
19 Cheers for your continued hard-work; from where I'm sitting releng works
20 well, though could perhaps use one or two dedicated helpers.
21
22 Regards,
23 igli
24 --
25 #friendly-coders -- We're friendly, but we're not /that/ friendly ;-)