From: Alon Bar-Lev <alonbl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: openrc mount service prototype
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 22:11:38
1 On 29 July 2015 at 23:20, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > All,
4 >
5 > so that there is a better idea out there of what I'm talking about, the
6 > OpenRC github repository now has a mount-service branch.
7
8 Nice!
9
10 But I still trying to figure out why do we need to keep fstab around.
11 It is pure legacy.
12
13 There can be a migration script to generate /etc/conf.d/*
14 configuration once, but there is no need to keep it around.
15 The conf.d can contain everything that fstab contains.
16
17 mount_mountpoint_\${NAME}=
18 mount_type_\${NAME}=
19 mount_fs_\${NAME}=
20 mount_opts_\${NAME}=
21 mount_dump_\${NAME}=
22 mount_pass_\${NAME}=
23
24 There can even be a script to set above environments from fstab as
25 pure utility given mountpoint as parameter. This will simplify the
26 service as it will always accept the variables at one form.
27
28 Regards,
29 Alon