From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: Gentoo Development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>, djc@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: golang-build.eclass usage
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 14:56:01
1 On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 12:14 AM, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
2 > I broke the thread, because usage should be discussed in a different
3 > thread than working on the eclass itself.
4 >
5 > On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 10:17:19PM +0200, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
6 >> On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 7:36 PM, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
7 >> > Let me know what you think.
8 >>
9 >> I tried to use your eclass recently, but it failed with this error:
10 >>
11 >> * Call stack:
12 >> * ebuild.sh, line 765: Called __ebuild_main 'compile'
13 >> * phase-functions.sh, line 968: Called __dyn_compile
14 >> * phase-functions.sh, line 447: Called die
15 >> * The specific snippet of code:
16 >> * die "The source directory '${S}' doesn't exist"
17 >>
18 >> Do you have any minimal examples of how to use the eclass? I've been
19 >> experimenting with a syncthing package, but that's a bit different
20 >> from the go-text or go-crypto packages you've converted so far.
21 >
22 > How is it different, does it have its own build system, or do you just
23 > use the go commands to build it?
24
25 It just uses the go commands, plus a sprinkling of godep:
26
27 https://github.com/djc/djc-overlay/blob/master/net-p2p/syncthing/syncthing-0.11.6.ebuild
28
29 I'd think that that was standard enough that it'd just work with your
30 golang eclass.
31
32 > The updates I'm working on are going to make more of the variables the
33 > eclass uses visible to ebuilds so they can inherit it and override the
34 > phase functions if the packages have their own build systems.