From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: djc@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] golang-build.eclass usage
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 22:14:54
1 I broke the thread, because usage should be discussed in a different
2 thread than working on the eclass itself.
3
4 On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 10:17:19PM +0200, Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
5 > On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 7:36 PM, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
6 > > Let me know what you think.
7 >
8 > I tried to use your eclass recently, but it failed with this error:
9 >
10 > * Call stack:
11 > * ebuild.sh, line 765: Called __ebuild_main 'compile'
12 > * phase-functions.sh, line 968: Called __dyn_compile
13 > * phase-functions.sh, line 447: Called die
14 > * The specific snippet of code:
15 > * die "The source directory '${S}' doesn't exist"
16 >
17 > Do you have any minimal examples of how to use the eclass? I've been
18 > experimenting with a syncthing package, but that's a bit different
19 > from the go-text or go-crypto packages you've converted so far.
20
21 How is it different, does it have its own build system, or do you just
22 use the go commands to build it?
23
24 The updates I'm working on are going to make more of the variables the
25 eclass uses visible to ebuilds so they can inherit it and override the
26 phase functions if the packages have their own build systems.
27
28 William