From: David Stanek <dstanek@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Pinboard of outdated ports
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 12:57:26
1 On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 07:26:49AM +0200, Johannes Weiner wrote:
2 > > What it seems like you're doing here is saying more work for the
3 > > developers is fine, if it makes things easier for the users. (Developers
4 > > will just cvs up, which is likely faster than dealing with a web interface.)
5 >
6 > I dunno if it's really big work to have a look at one site to see if
7 > there are ebuilds you missed when they were updated.
8 > It was not my intention to make really more work. It was just to find a faster
9 > way for outdated ebuilds getting updated.
10
11 If it is difficult for the users, maybe it needs to be documented
12 better. Might be as simple as a "Report old ebuild" links on the
13 Bugzilla homepage. Somehow I don't think it is all that difficult
14 though.
15
16 To make a clean separation for other Bugzilla content a new
17 Component may be added. This should ease an searching issues as long
18 as the users searching are aware of the new component. But then we'd
19 probably still see a bunch of confused, headless chickens running
20 around squaking "ebuilds, old ebuilds".
23 David Stanek
24 www.roninds.net
25
26 GPG keyID #6272EDAF on http://pgp.mit.edu
27 Key fingerprint = 8BAA 7E11 8856 E148 6833 655A 92E2 3E00 6272 EDAF