From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Useflags: qt, qt3, qt4?
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 00:07:16
1 On Wednesday 21 June 2006 00:52, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Yes, you will need to introduce a qt4 flag as upstreams
3 > port packages to qt5, if they choose to also retain a qt4 frontend.
4 You're trying to compare gtk to qt directly. They are not the same.
5 gtk regards only the graphic library, qt is a library of utility functions
6 too. Qt can be considered like gtk+glib, and that make things more complex.
7
8 As I said, I'd rather see two flags, qt3 and qt4, to identify the two
9 versions. A simpler alternative would be qt (defaults to 3) and qt4, but
10 that's going to be confused on the long run to something similar to gtk.
13 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://farragut.flameeyes.is-a-geek.org/
14 Gentoo/Alt lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE