From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Useflags: qt, qt3, qt4?
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 00:25:25
1 Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 21 June 2006 00:52, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 >> Yes, you will need to introduce a qt4 flag as upstreams
4 >> port packages to qt5, if they choose to also retain a qt4 frontend.
5 > You're trying to compare gtk to qt directly. They are not the same.
6 > gtk regards only the graphic library, qt is a library of utility functions
7 > too. Qt can be considered like gtk+glib, and that make things more complex.
8
9 How does that matter in this context?
10
11 > As I said, I'd rather see two flags, qt3 and qt4, to identify the two
12 > versions. A simpler alternative would be qt (defaults to 3) and qt4, but
13 > that's going to be confused on the long run to something similar to gtk.
14
15 I disagree with this and agree with Caleb's earlier suggestion.
16 Presumably he has some clue what he's talking about when it comes to qt.
17
18 Thanks,
19 Donnie