From: "Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn" <chithanh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] First release of Gentoo Keys
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 12:36:10
1 Andrew Savchenko schrieb:
2 > On Mon, 12 Jan 2015 19:44:46 +0100 Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
3 >> Shor's would be effective against discrete logs (including ECC) as
4 >> well, so wouldn't be applicable to this selection. For post-quantum
5 >> asymmetric crypto we'd likely need e.g a lattice based primitive.
6 > Why not to use post-quantum signing together with a traditional one?
7
8 Indeed. Problem is that so-called post-quantum cryptosystems are
9 sometimes not even secure against non-quantum computers. I remember back
10 when NTRU was the latest hotness, and the breaking and fixing ping-pong
11 that security researchers played between conferences with it,
12 particularly with the signature part.
13
14 None of these has stood the test of time like RSA or DLP-based crypto.
15 If post-quantum signing is desired, I agree that it should be strongly
16 considered using it in addition to traditional signing.
19 Best regards,
20 Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn