From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] First release of Gentoo Keys
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 04:59:06
1 On Mon, 12 Jan 2015 19:44:46 +0100 Kristian Fiskerstrand wrote:
2 > On 01/12/2015 07:29 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 > > On Mon, Jan 12, 2015 at 1:06 PM, Kristian Fiskerstrand
4 > > <k_f@g.o> wrote:
5 > >>
6 > >> One issue with DSA/ElGamal is the requirement for a random k
7 > >> value while signing/encrypting,
8 > >
9 > > Thanks - that was very informative. I guess the thing that makes
10 > > me more concerned about RSA is that Shor's algorithm makes it
11 > > quite possible that it will be defeated at some point in the
12 > > future, perhaps without public disclosure.
13 >
14 > Shor's would be effective against discrete logs (including ECC) as
15 > well, so wouldn't be applicable to this selection. For post-quantum
16 > asymmetric crypto we'd likely need e.g a lattice based primitive.
17
18 Why not to use post-quantum signing together with a traditional one?
19 app-crypt/codecrypt is already in tree and provides an GnuPG-like
20 solution based on post-quantum cryptography.
21
22 It would be no harm to use this solution together with GnuPG, e.g.
23 have two detached signatures: a traditional RSA-4096 and a
24 post-quantum one.
25
26 Best regards,
27 Andrew Savchenko