From: David Leverton <levertond@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for June
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 11:22:43
1 On Wednesday 11 June 2008 12:11:33 Brian Harring wrote:
2 > Effectively, we've watched it essentially progress into a standard
3 > that effectively only the paludis folk are adherent to (if in doubt,
4 > ask portage folk, my sending this mail is indicative of the pkgcore
5 > standpoint)- it's about time the council comment upon it in light of
6 > the general view.
7
8 Paludis isn't completely compliant either. Not sure what you're referring to
9 about portage and pkgcore... if you mean kdebuild, then a) the Council has
10 decided that that won't be part of the official approved version, and b) PMS
11 only describes what kdebuild is, it doesn't say that any package manager has
12 to implement it. As long as it's not being used in the main tree, that's up
13 to the package manager maintainers, and what they think is most beneficial to
14 their users.
15
16 If you mean something else, feel free to file bugs, it could well be just an
17 oversight.
18 --
19 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list