From: "Saleem A." <compnerd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Question about java builds and the sandbox...
Date: Sat, 01 Oct 2005 03:16:35
1 On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, Dave Nebinger wrote:
2
3 > If I have an ant build.xml file that creates and populates an /opt/dnebing
4 > directory but runs as part of an ebuild, will it actually create
5 > the /opt/dnebing directory or is it made as part of the image
6 > in /var/tmp/portage/dnebing/image directory?
7
8 It is better to have a separate task for the install and the build. You
9 can set the default task to the install, but call it with just the build
10 task.
11
12 On a related sidenote, please do not expect that the install/build is in
13 /var/tmp/portage/dnebing/image. $ROOT can be something other than / in
14 theory (not 100% sure that it is fully supported yet or not). Also, you
15 can change the tmp dir (PORTAGE_TMPDIR in /etc/make.conf). You should
16 be generic enough to handle any of those cases. If you are looking for
17 a very generic build.xml check bug #92014.
18
19 I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask any other questions that you
20 may have.
21
22 Saleem Abdulrasool
23 compnerd (at) gentoo (dot) org