From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GRP set consolidation
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 22:15:46
1 On Fri, 21 May 2004 16:34:09 -0500 Joshua Brindle <method@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | Ok, we just had a conversation in #gentoo-dev and it seems most people
4 | are interested in this. The problem as it stands is that our mirrors
5 | are low on space and so other projects can't get space, such as
6 | embedded, hardened and even other archs. The main user of space is
7 | having 5 grp packagecd's for x86 alone. The idea is to build a
8 | consolidated grp set with a generic -mcpu (i686 or so) and then use
9 | that.
10
11 We already do this for sparc. Rather than providing GRP and stages for
12 v7, v8, supersparc, hypersparc, cypress, v9, ultrasparc and ultrasparc3,
13 we just provide a set for sparc and a set for sparc64.
16 Ciaran McCreesh, Gentoo XMLcracy Member G03X276
17 (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes)
18 Mail: ciaranm at gentoo.org
19 Web: http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm