From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] New keywords for non-Gentoo Linux platforms
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 08:57:25
1 On Thu, 2008-10-09 at 20:11 +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
2
3 > ia64-hpux
4
5 There's one thing to say for this platform to avoid later confusion:
6
7 'ia64-hpux' is the keyword for 32bit on that platform.
8 'ia64w-hpux' would be the 64bit keyword (not in prefix-tree yet).
9
10 This might seem confusing, but is the way HP does for various reasons.
11
12 HP-UX is the only OS I know that does multilib on the ia64 CPU, and the
13 default compiler output is 32bit without any additional switch.
14
15 I can provide more details if necessary.
16
17 /haubi/
18 --
19 Michael Haubenwallner