From: alexmcwhirter@×××××××.us
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Patching vanilla-sources with genpatches in catalyst
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2016 23:07:16
1 For my sparc64 port, i need a livecd with kernel 4.8-rc6 that is patched
2 to work on a livecd. I'm not going to expect gentoo-sources to be
3 released for this kernel, and hacking up the kernel eclass for 4.8-rc6
4 doesn't seem like the right way to go. So i was looking for some input
5 on the best way to do this.
6
7 The first thing that comes to mind is to make a vanilla-sources ebuild
8 for 4.8-rc6 and use that in the spec file. Then after doing a
9 livecd-stage1 put the genpatches in /etc/portage/patches/... and let the
10 epatch_user interface take care of the rest.
11
12 Does anyone have any better ideas?