From: Andrew Udvare <audvare@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New basic systemd profile
Date: Fri, 01 May 2015 15:44:31
1 > On 2015-05-01, at 08:28, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Due to popular demand, I have added a basic systemd profile for amd64:
4 >
5 > default/linux/amd64/13.0/systemd
6 >
7 > Previously, the systemd profile was only available in combination with
8 > gnome or kde. This new profile will make it easier for users to switch
9 > to systemd from an unpacked stage3 tarball.
10 >
11 > To avoid an explosion in profiles, I will not be adding this for other
12 > archs at this time. I'm not opposed to it, but I also don't want to be
13 > responsible for making repoman that much slower.
16 I would like to see a hardened version of this. Making a hardened Gentoo kernel (there is no 'systemd' option in hardened-sources menuconfig) and system with systemd is almost entirely undocumented. I managed to do it though.