From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New basic systemd profile
Date: Fri, 01 May 2015 16:21:05
1 On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 11:44 AM, Andrew Udvare <audvare@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 >> On 2015-05-01, at 08:28, Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o> wrote:
4 >>
5 >> Due to popular demand, I have added a basic systemd profile for amd64:
6 >>
7 >> default/linux/amd64/13.0/systemd
8 >>
9 >> Previously, the systemd profile was only available in combination with
10 >> gnome or kde. This new profile will make it easier for users to switch
11 >> to systemd from an unpacked stage3 tarball.
12 >>
13 >> To avoid an explosion in profiles, I will not be adding this for other
14 >> archs at this time. I'm not opposed to it, but I also don't want to be
15 >> responsible for making repoman that much slower.
18 > I would like to see a hardened version of this. Making a hardened Gentoo kernel (there is no 'systemd' option in hardened-sources menuconfig) and system with systemd is almost entirely undocumented. I managed to do it though.
19
20 I will leave this to the hardened team to implement a systemd profile
21 if they wish.
22
23 As for documentation on building a kernel: The systemd ebuild has a
24 list of suggested options in the CONFIG_CHECK variable in pkg_pretend.
25 The systemd ebuild will warn you if your kernel config is missing any
26 options.