From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] proxy-maintainers herd as a backup herd for all the user-maintained packages
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 09:10:20
1 On 5 March 2013 03:41, Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Sun, 03 Mar 2013 19:35:24 +0000
3 > Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> A number of packages in the tree are maintained by a Gentoo developer
6 >> and a user. As a result of which, we are unable to monitor these
7 >> packages in bugzilla. This is useful in case one of the maintainers
8 >> goes MIA so we can find an alternative maintainer for them. So I am
9 >> kindly asking you to add the proxy-maintainers herd as a backup herd
10 >> for the packages that you proxy-maintain. I will go ahead and do it
11 >> myself in two weeks if you don't want to bother fixing your metadata.
12 >> If you want your packages to be excluded please let me know. This is
13 >> mainly for tracking purposes and we don't intend to take over the
14 >> maintainership of your packages (unless you want us to).
15 >
16 > Excellent idea. But how will proxy-maint@ devs know not to "take over"?
19 > jer
22 If there is at least one Gentoo developer in metadata.xml we assume
23 the package is properly maintained by him so
24 we never touch it.
27 Regards,
28 Markos Chandras - Gentoo Linux Developer
29 http://dev.gentoo.org/~hwoarang