From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] proxy-maintainers herd as a backup herd for all the user-maintained packages
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 03:42:01
1 On Sun, 03 Mar 2013 19:35:24 +0000
2 Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > A number of packages in the tree are maintained by a Gentoo developer
5 > and a user. As a result of which, we are unable to monitor these
6 > packages in bugzilla. This is useful in case one of the maintainers
7 > goes MIA so we can find an alternative maintainer for them. So I am
8 > kindly asking you to add the proxy-maintainers herd as a backup herd
9 > for the packages that you proxy-maintain. I will go ahead and do it
10 > myself in two weeks if you don't want to bother fixing your metadata.
11 > If you want your packages to be excluded please let me know. This is
12 > mainly for tracking purposes and we don't intend to take over the
13 > maintainership of your packages (unless you want us to).
14
15 Excellent idea. But how will proxy-maint@ devs know not to "take over"?
18 jer