From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: don't rely on dynamic deps
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 09:25:16
1 El mar, 22-07-2014 a las 10:32 +0200, Kristian Fiskerstrand escribió:
2 [...]
3 > I find it somewhat curious that the difference between ~arch and
4 > stable hasn't been brought up in this discussion yet. IMHO a user on
5 > ~arch should expect a higher number of rebuilds, it _is_ after all
6 > testing, whereby at the point it reaches stable, the deps are
7 > hopefully more likely to be correct to begin with.
8 >
9 > Does anyone have any insight into where these changes most often occur?
12 Well, I have seen multiple times of this kind of fixes being noticed by
13 people running really old stable boxes. They notice them when they
14 update to latest stable and, then, we need to fix depends raising the
15 versions usually :/
16
17 Maybe this discussion should be focused on trying to think about how to
18 standardize a way for distinguish between revision bumps needing full
19 rebuild or only VDB updates :|