From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: 1i5t5.duncan@×××.net
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: virtual/libudev
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 08:33:45
1 On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 08:27:48 +0000 (UTC)
2 Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
3
4 > Michał Górny posted on Wed, 11 Jul 2012 09:15:10 +0200 as excerpted:
5 >
6 > > On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 12:51:50 +0800 Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
7 > > wrote:
8 >
9 > >> When upstream moved the udev sources to the systemd repo, they
10 > >> promised that udev would continue to be able to be used separately
11 > >> from systemd. We should hold them to that promise.
12 > >>
13 > >> If they break their promise (as it seems they are bent on doing),
14 > >> then we should go ahead with the fork as discussed earlier. I'm
15 > >> sure other distros such as Debian and Slackware would be happy to
16 > >> join us in that effort.
17 > >
18 > > If we fork, then I would expect systemd to actually require its own
19 > > udev which means that systemd would need to build it anyway. What's
20 > > the point?
23 > Being able to choose not to run systemd at all? If there's no need
24 > to build systemd, than what it requires is irrelevant.
25
26 Who forces you to do otherwise? I really don't see what this thread is
27 all about.
30 Best regards,
31 Michał Górny