From: "William L. Thomson Jr." <wltjr@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Packages with same name was -> Conversion of Emacs virtual packages
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 21:26:51
1 On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 13:07 -0700, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2007-05-16 at 19:52 +0200, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
3 > >
4 > > New-style virtuals are just *packages*, or did I get this completely
5 > > wrong? So how is this situation different from two packages with the
6 > > same name, but in different categories?
7 >
8 > It isn't different. That's the problem. If you have two packages with
9 > the same name, you have the same problem.
10
11 On that note I would hope the vim/vi peeps would rename.
12 app-vim/ant
13
14 It's quite annoying when one needs the real ANT ( dev-java/ant ), not
15 the vim menu plugin so vi can invoke ant or etc.
16
17 IMHO app-vim/ant should really be app-vim/vim-ant or something other
18 than just ant.
19
20 Personal pet peeve of some time now, just lacked the occasion to mention
21 it till now ;)
25 William L. Thomson Jr.
26 Gentoo/Java