From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal: patches.gentoo.org
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 20:11:35
1 On 10/12/04 Beber wrote:
2
3 > Marius Mauch wrote:
4 >
5 > >>dev.gentoo.org:/space/distfiles-local
6 > >>
7 > >>
8 > > 3. developer uploads patch to dev.gentoo.org:/space/patches-local
9 > > and
12 > >I don't see a reason to separate patches from distfiles.
15 > I think my english is bad, tell if you don't understand what I want to
16 >
17 > say :/
18 >
19 > I think that it's not to separate patch from distfiles (a lot are
20 > already avaible) but to have a emerge sync faster and less bandwith
21 > consumer.
22 > many many patch are on sync server, many are not apply due to proc
23 > architecture or USE flag.
24 > Thoses patch that are on distfiles server aren't necessary download
25 > like on sync
26 > I think that it can be a way to take for futur.
27 >
28 > Like an other thing (for bandwith use) : if an update of a pacquet is
29 > avaible : why download are the new sources instead of just a patch ?
30
31 You're talking about something completely different, I'm just talking
32 about the location on dev.gentoo.org, that has nothing to do wether a
33 patch or a full tarball is used.
34
35 Marius