From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] FHS compliant KDE install and multi-version support
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 08:19:53
1 080907 Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
2 > ignoring FHS ... are not valid solutions to this problem.
3
4 Why ? Who is demanding FHS compliance & for what reasons ?
5 Gentoo is not like other distros & sometimes needs to find its own way.
6 Given the well-known problems with KDE 4.0 & (still) 4.1 ,
7 I'ld like to be able to have the option of multiple versions available.
8
9 I really do appreciate the hard volunteer work the KDE team donates
10 & have nothing but thanks to them all, but shouldn't your priority be
11 to get KDE 4.1 into 'testing', so that users can actually try it out ?
12 There's also 3.5.10 , which has been released, but isn't in Gentoo yet.
16 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
17 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
18 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca