From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Request of news item review: 2013-03-29-udev-predictable-network-interface-names.en.txt
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 14:55:55
1 On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> wrote:
2 > Those 70-* and 80-* are in udev pkg_postinst, this news item, everywhere...
3 > can all 3 be deleted if you haven't modified them yourself.
4 >
5 > So that leaves one... local.rules... dunno about that. I'm curious.
6
7 Excellent, sounds good then.
8
9 The local rules are exactly what it sounds like - my own stuff.
10
11 Some of what it does is obsolete now. It maps persistent symlinks to
12 two pl2303 rs232 usb interfaces (which I believe is a solved problem
13 now). It maps persistent symlinks to a few video capture devices (not
14 a solved problem afaik). It assigns firewire ports to the video group
15 (no idea if that is now in the standard rules).
16
17 Rich