From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Last rites for XMMS
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 17:09:53
1 Mike Bonar wrote:
2 > On Monday 23 October 2006 10:26, Duncan wrote:
3 >> "Diego 'Flameeyes' =?utf-8?q?Petten=C3=B2?=" <flameeyes@g.o> posted
4 >> 200610231616.50546@××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××.org, excerpted below, on
5 >>
6 >> Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:16:50 +0200:
7 >>> Probably not covered everything, I left Mr_Bones_ and jakub to run a
8 >>> check for me afterward, unfortunately identifying every and all the
9 >>> packages on the first run was pretty impossible -considering also there
10 >>> are packages with unstated dependencies, like two XFCE4 packages- I'll
11 >>> mask and notify about anything else that might come up as soona s they
12 >>> can give me the data.
13 >> I don't suppose it's possible to let amarok continue to use all those xmms
14 >> visualizations, is it? It'd be nice...
15 >>
16 >> --
17 >> Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs.
18 >> "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master --
19 >> and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
20 > Removing xmms breaks amarok, at least for me. I had to recompile xine-lib
21 > without the xmms use flag to get amarok to play music again.
22 >
23 > Glide
24
25 Yes that will happen in many situations; anything that depends on xmms
26 libs will need to be rebuilt without them ;)
27 --
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list