From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] git history older than "proj/gentoo: Initial commit" (56bd759)
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 01:02:54
1 On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 8:38 PM, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 13 Aug 2015 17:29, Rich Freeman wrote:
3 >> On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 3:55 PM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
4 >> > I'd like to start with: kudos for the very skilfully performed migration
5 >> > from CVS to git! I just committed a simple changed and it worked great.
6 >> >
7 >> > I was curious and started exploring the repo a little bit, and the
8 >> > initial commit says:
9 >> >
10 >> >> This commit is the start of the NEW history.
11 >> >> Any historical data is intended to be grafted onto this point.
12 >> >
13 >> > Is the historical data available now? Is it still work in progress?
14 >> >
15 >>
16 >> The official version is still pending.
17 >>
18 >> My unofficial version (which as far as I can tell is about as good as
19 >> it is going to get, but consider it draft) is at:
20 >> https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo-gitmig-20150809-draft
21 >>
22 >> (The official version will no doubt be hosted on pure-FOSS infra.)
23 >
24 > so we don't have to waste git server resources on it, we could create a git
25 > bundle and mirror that and use http/https to redistribute.
26
27 Absolutely true. Since it is static it would be pretty trivial to
28 mirror, bittorrent, or whatever.
31 Rich