From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] git history older than "proj/gentoo: Initial commit" (56bd759)
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2015 00:38:25
1 On 13 Aug 2015 17:29, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 3:55 PM, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
3 > > I'd like to start with: kudos for the very skilfully performed migration
4 > > from CVS to git! I just committed a simple changed and it worked great.
5 > >
6 > > I was curious and started exploring the repo a little bit, and the
7 > > initial commit says:
8 > >
9 > >> This commit is the start of the NEW history.
10 > >> Any historical data is intended to be grafted onto this point.
11 > >
12 > > Is the historical data available now? Is it still work in progress?
15 > The official version is still pending.
16 >
17 > My unofficial version (which as far as I can tell is about as good as
18 > it is going to get, but consider it draft) is at:
19 > https://github.com/gentoo/gentoo-gitmig-20150809-draft
20 >
21 > (The official version will no doubt be hosted on pure-FOSS infra.)
22
23 so we don't have to waste git server resources on it, we could create a git
24 bundle and mirror that and use http/https to redistribute.
25 -mike