From: Troy Dack <tad@g.o>
To: "gentoo-dev@g.o" <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Linux Installer
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 23:27:50
1 On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 09:38, Benjamin Wirtz wrote:
2 > Hi, wats about a Gentoo Linux Installer.
3
4 FWIW I think Gentoo Linux has a great installer already ... *me* :)
5 [and the excellent documentation]
6
7 > Perhaps the ANACONDA - Installer can be ported for Gentoo. I know that there
8 > are another threads with this topic. But wats the current status of thinking
9 > or making something like that?
10
11 The following link is from a post to -core in Oct 2003. I don't know how
12 much progress (if any) has been made.
13
14 http://www.latinux.org/
15
16 I do remember that the original "porter" was making .rpms to install
17 some of the initial stuff rather than using emerge from the get go.
20 Troy Dack Gentoo moves pretty fast; if you don't stop and
21 tad@g.o look around once in a while, you could miss out.
22
23 Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x4D90BE3C
24 Key fingerprint = 1F3D 6C15 16AA 09D5 0C96 92E5 FD89 16F9 4D90 BE3C