From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [soc] Python bindings for Paludis
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 20:51:41
1 Danny van Dyk wrote:
2 >
3 > * Paludis supports multiple repositories, don't know about pkgcore, but
4 > i guess they support it as well. Portage doesn't. (actually it has 3
5 > repositories, but that's not really related to multiple repository
6 > support)
7
8 and mixing overlays and repository doesn't look that good even if it
9 could be a possible temporary solution ^^;
12 > * Paludis handles ENVVARs on a per package basis, Portage doesn't.
13 > (no idea about how pkgcore does it)
14
15 Ok ^^
18 > * Paludis repositories aren't necessarily ebuild repositories.
19
20 I know =)
23 > This is what comes to my mind right now. The list is certainly not
24 > complete :-)
25
26 Well I think there is a huge list of advanced features already
27 implemented and working well in paludis, but, my interest is in getting
28 a basic wrapper so people writing front-ends could just have some high
29 level abstraction for now and then cover what's advanced later.
30
31 The abstraction MUST be something better than having pcre parsing the
32 output of the PM default front-ends, but not that much ^^;
33
34 lu
38 Luca Barbato
39