From: Danny van Dyk <kugelfang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [soc] Python bindings for Paludis
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 20:16:21
1 Am Samstag, 24. März 2007 20:53 schrieb Luca Barbato:
2 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
3 > > Which is all very nice in theory, but completely impractical and
4 > > useless in practice. There's far too much difference and far too
5 > > much complexity implementation-wise to make this practical for any
6 > > non-trivial functionality.
7 >
8 > I'd like to have more details, please.
9 >
10 > Trivial functionality would be already fine for most of the
11 > front-ends IMHO.
12
13 * Paludis supports multiple repositories, don't know about pkgcore, but
14 i guess they support it as well. Portage doesn't. (actually it has 3
15 repositories, but that's not really related to multiple repository
16 support)
17
18 * Paludis handles ENVVARs on a per package basis, Portage doesn't.
19 (no idea about how pkgcore does it)
20
21 * Paludis repositories aren't necessarily ebuild repositories.
22
23 This is what comes to my mind right now. The list is certainly not
24 complete :-)
25
26 Danny
27 --
28 Danny van Dyk <kugelfang@g.o>
29 Gentoo/AMD64 Project, Gentoo Scientific Project
30 --
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list