From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in eclass: flag-o-matic.eclass
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 22:33:18
1 On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 16:26:11 -0600
2 Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o> wrote:
3 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 > > On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 13:54:34 -0800
5 > > Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
6 > >>> http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/portage/main/trunk/bin/isolated-functions.sh?r1=9118&r2=9140
7 > >> Alright, so portage has put this stuff to stderr since January 4.
8 > >> Then why are we also adding workarounds to individual eclasses?
9 > >
10 > > How many people are running a Portage version released after
11 > > January 4?
12 >
13 > Eventually, all of them.
14
15 And until then, how many users are going to get things going weirdly
16 wrong if workarounds aren't added to everything using the code?
17
18 I'd mutter something about EAPIs here, but really if people are having
19 difficulty understanding the necessity of the original commit, I
20 suspect it's a lost cause...
23 Ciaran McCreesh