From: Doug Klima <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in eclass: flag-o-matic.eclass
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 23:15:22
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 16:26:11 -0600
3 > Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o> wrote:
4 >> Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
5 >>> On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 13:54:34 -0800
6 >>> Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o> wrote:
7 >>>>> http://sources.gentoo.org/viewcvs.py/portage/main/trunk/bin/isolated-functions.sh?r1=9118&r2=9140
8 >>>> Alright, so portage has put this stuff to stderr since January 4.
9 >>>> Then why are we also adding workarounds to individual eclasses?
10 >>> How many people are running a Portage version released after
11 >>> January 4?
12 >> Eventually, all of them.
13 >
14 > And until then, how many users are going to get things going weirdly
15 > wrong if workarounds aren't added to everything using the code?
16 >
17 > I'd mutter something about EAPIs here, but really if people are having
18 > difficulty understanding the necessity of the original commit, I
19 > suspect it's a lost cause...
22 6
25 Doug Klima <cardoe@g.o>
26 http://dev.gentoo.org/~cardoe/