From: Francesco R <vivo@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] proposed shift of files in the tree of non profiles files into seperate dir
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:38:01
1 Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2
3 >On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 01:03 -0500, Brian Harring wrote:
6 >>On Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 03:42:25AM -0500, Brian Harring wrote:
9 >>>Hola all.
10 >>>
11 >>>Straight to the point, I'm proposing that the following files-
12 >>>arch.list
13 >>>categories
14 >>>use.desc
15 >>>use.local.desc
16 >>>package.mask
17 >>>updates
18 >>>
19 >>>
20 >>Addition to this list: thirdpartymirrors .
24 >Question about thirdpartymirrors (this is for everyone, not just
25 >Brian)...
26 >
27 >What is the preferred method for listing mirrors, just listing the site
28 >name, or listing the site name plus path to the particular item?
31 example from mysql mirrors:
32
33 ftp://mirror.mcs.anl.gov/pub/mysql
34 http://mirror.sit.wisc.edu/mysql
35 http://mysql.orst.edu
36
37 The mirror item should be the minimum common denominator between the
38 mirrors. In this specific case because the mirror is usable also for
39 other products of mysql.
40
41 >The reason that I ask is the 3dgamers mirror rotation could have the
42 >paths added to it, which would actually shorten a lot of SRC_URI's in
43 >quite a few games ebuilds.
47 there are always excepitions ;-) You are speaking of paths that will
48 *never* change right ?
52 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list