From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] proposed shift of files in the tree of non profiles files into seperate dir
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:10:57
1 On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 01:03 -0500, Brian Harring wrote:
2 > On Sat, Aug 27, 2005 at 03:42:25AM -0500, Brian Harring wrote:
3 > > Hola all.
4 > >
5 > > Straight to the point, I'm proposing that the following files-
6 > > arch.list
7 > > categories
8 > > use.desc
9 > > use.local.desc
10 > > package.mask
11 > > updates
12 >
13 > Addition to this list: thirdpartymirrors .
14
15 Question about thirdpartymirrors (this is for everyone, not just
16 Brian)...
17
18 What is the preferred method for listing mirrors, just listing the site
19 name, or listing the site name plus path to the particular item?
20
21 The reason that I ask is the 3dgamers mirror rotation could have the
22 paths added to it, which would actually shorten a lot of SRC_URI's in
23 quite a few games ebuilds.
26 Chris Gianelloni
28 Games - Developer
29 Gentoo Linux