From: tvon@×××××.org
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] doc categories
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 17:41:34
1 Speaking of which (which being docs for packages), is there any validity to
2 having a USE for 'docs' which determines weather or not varios package
3 docs are built along with the package they go with? In my varios
4 explorations into writing ebuilds I have run into a few packages that come
5 bundled with docs that require some extra processing tool like Doxygen that
6 would be silly as a dependancy for the package. Also, considering the
7 target audience for Gentoo, I would think there would be situations where
8 someone wanted to set the box up 'just so' and not care about or want the
9 docs installed......
10
11 Along the same lines, if I'm looking into developing with Python I would
12 most likely want to install the docs along with the main python package (in
13 this example), well...depending on how good they are...
14
15 So...just a tidbit for ya..
16
17 -Tom