From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP RFC: Third-party contributions
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2016 09:19:13
1 On Thu, 27 Oct 2016 11:00:35 +0200
2 Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > >>>>> On Thu, 27 Oct 2016, Michał Górny wrote:
5 >
6 > >> So, it is o.k. if you mention github in the Motivation section (but
7 > >> not five times!). However, github or pull requests should be mentioned
8 > >> neither in the Specification or the Rationale.
9 >
10 > > Why not in the rationale? It is the most straightforward way of
11 > > explaining why it's made optional like this.
12 >
13 > I just don't see the need there. The sentence:
14 >
15 > "Due to the non-obligatory nature of GitHub, they may be requested by
16 > the maintainers to use other contribution channels."
17 >
18 > could be replaced by:
19 >
20 > "Contributors using an unofficial channel may be requested by the
21 > maintainers to use other contribution channels."
22
23 Used a wording closer to the current one but done.
24
25 > [BTW, is there a decent way to send diffs for a Mediawiki document?]
26
27 I seriously doubt there's a decent way to do anything on MediaWiki.
30 Best regards,
31 Michał Górny
32 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>