From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] news item: OpenRC 0.18 changes to localmount and netmount
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 07:58:08
1 On Tuesday, September 29, 2015 04:52:51 PM Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On 29/09/2015 16:29, Ian Stakenvicius wrote:
3 > > On 28/09/15 06:58 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
4 > >> Also, we are dropping the use of the -O switch for mount/umount
5 > >> -a. This is being dropped because it is util-linux specific and
6 > >> not compatible with busybox.
7 > >
8 > > Does this have any actual end-user impact? AFAIK, using the -O
9 > > switch was 'just added' by us originally (i think to reduce the
10 > > explicit listing of the different fs types or otherwise simplify the
11 > > init script code) right? I'm just wondering if this paragraph is
12 > > actually necessary or not..
13 >
14 > As a user, that para in the news makes me ask "how does this affect
15 > me?". I have to go read man pages and init scripts to find out.
16 >
17 > Perhaps this:
18 >
19 > Also, we are dropping the use of the -O switch for mount/umount -a,
20 > because it is util-linux specific and not compatible with busybox. This
21 > only affects mounts with "_netdev" listed under options in /etc/fstab.
22 > Such systems should use "noauto" and/or "nofail" as described above.
23
24 Does anyone know how to solve the issue when depending on iSCSI devices?
25 I had to add "_netdev" to ensure those would not fail during boot.
28 Joost