From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] news item: OpenRC 0.18 changes to localmount and netmount
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2015 14:53:30
1 On 29/09/2015 16:29, Ian Stakenvicius wrote:
2 > On 28/09/15 06:58 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
3 >> Also, we are dropping the use of the -O switch for mount/umount
4 >> -a. This is being dropped because it is util-linux specific and
5 >> not compatible with busybox.
6 >
7 > Does this have any actual end-user impact? AFAIK, using the -O
8 > switch was 'just added' by us originally (i think to reduce the
9 > explicit listing of the different fs types or otherwise simplify the
10 > init script code) right? I'm just wondering if this paragraph is
11 > actually necessary or not..
12
13 As a user, that para in the news makes me ask "how does this affect
14 me?". I have to go read man pages and init scripts to find out.
15
16 Perhaps this:
17
18 Also, we are dropping the use of the -O switch for mount/umount -a,
19 because it is util-linux specific and not compatible with busybox. This
20 only affects mounts with "_netdev" listed under options in /etc/fstab.
21 Such systems should use "noauto" and/or "nofail" as described above.
24 Alan McKinnon
25 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com