From: Jason S <kutsuya1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Is anyone a prude?
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 22:20:59
1 --- Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o> wrote:
6 > It's not
7 > clear that there
8 > is anything unprofessional about referring to a
9 > programming language by
10 > its name, even if that name is rather unfortunate
11 > (in my, admittedly
12 > rather prudish, opinion).
13
14 I consider the programming language name to be
15 unprofessional. Avoiding the vulgar doesn't make you a
16 prude. heh
17
18 >For people like me who are uncomfortable
19 > using the actual name, "brainf*ck" would be equally
20 > clear, and many people will use a similar version
21 >just out of
22 > politeness.
23
24 Acceptable.
25
26 > My understanding is that the amount of "brainf*ck"
27 > support that will be
28 > needed is likely to be pretty small. It's not
29 > exactly a language that
30 > everybody is running out to learn and deploy, after
31 > all. So, I rather
32 > doubt that one would hear "alot [sic]" about this
33 > package regardless of policy.
34
35 Sorry about the grammar. I've only gotten about 7
36 hours sleep last couple days. "a lot" was just my
37 spin. :P
38
39 Regards,
40
41 kutsuya (aka bit`)
46 Do you Yahoo!?
47 Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty viruses.
48 http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
49 --
50 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list