From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Are "Copyright 1999-20xx Gentoo Foundation" headers bogus?
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 22:40:36
1 On Mon, 24 Oct 2016 15:34:14 -0700
2 Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o> wrote:
3 > In order to contribute to GNU projects, one must sign a copyright
4 > assignment statement.
5 >
6 > Gentoo doesn't have anything similar as far as I'm aware, which makes
7 > me question the legitimacy of "Gentoo Foundation" copyrights.
8 >
9 > What is the story?
10
11 Gentoo did have a copyright transfer agreement at one point, which was
12 written by an actual paid-for lawyer. Developers had to agree to hand
13 over their floppy disks and monitors to the Foundation upon request.
14 Developers who were recruited in a particular time window had to sign
15 it, but anyone who started before didn't.
18 Ciaran McCreesh