From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] College Course in Gentoo Development
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 16:48:58
1 On 12/17/12 7:32 AM, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
2 > So what should I teach? Here's what I've got off the top of my head:
3 > Please comment. If it gets systematized enough, it can be a guide to
4 > future devs too. Everything will be creative commons.
5
6 I think it's worth to mention somewhere that although packages take
7 longer to compile than downloading binaries, people don't have to
8 _watch_ the compilation, and many things can be done e.g. overnight.
9
10 Also, remember that Google's ChromeOS takes a lot of things from Gentoo,
11 including the package manager and many ebuilds. The idea here is that it
12 has applications in the industry.
13
14 Oh, unbundling libraries _might_ be valuable too. Or automagic
15 dependencies and other such packaging issues.
16
17 Paweł