From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Clarify the "as-is" license?
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 17:15:07
1 On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 11:55 AM, Alexandre Rostovtsev
2 <tetromino@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 > If "as-is" will be removed from @GPL_COMPATIBLE, what gpl-compatible
5 > license should I use instead for such packages?
6
7 HPND as long as the license meets the description within the file. If
8 you've been applying the logic you stated that should generally be the
9 case.
10
11 Making the default to not be @gpl_compatible is a good move. That way
12 we ensure everything gets positive review. The only alternative would
13 be to do a scan and log a bazillion bugs for everybody to do a check
14 and then take some kind of action for those that don't respond.
15
16 Rich