From: Alexandre Rostovtsev <tetromino@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Clarify the "as-is" license?
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 15:56:23
1 On Tue, 2012-09-25 at 13:04 +0200, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > I'll also remove as-is from @GPL-COMPATIBLE and @OSI-APPROVED again,
3 > as soon as all packages in the system set have been fixed (only
4 > net-misc/openssh and sys-apps/man-pages). It shouldn't have been added
5 > to these groups, in the first place.
6
7 I have been using "as-is" to mean licenses that allow anything and
8 everything as long as the copyright notice is preserved. For example,
9
10 # This file is free software; the author(s) gives unlimited
11 # permission to copy and/or distribute it, with or without
12 # modifications, as long as this notice is preserved.
13
14 If "as-is" will be removed from @GPL_COMPATIBLE, what gpl-compatible
15 license should I use instead for such packages?